Analytics

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Week-iversary!

In relationships, celebrating a one-week anniversary may seem a little excessive, especially for those of us who are no longer twelve years old.  But since I started my blogging venture just one short week ago, I feel as if I’ve accomplished some serious goals.

For example, I have a blog. A regular outlet into which I can pour all my thoughts, feelings, ideas, conclusions, questions, answers, wonderings, musings, and awkward family pictures (they’re coming, I assure you).  Before starting this blog, I would never have considered myself literate in the cyber world.  I barely know how to use all the functions of my smart phone.  But now I have this blog, and a Twitter account, and thanks to Thomas, a Tumblr account.  I use Disqus to moderate my comments and I use Google Analytics to monitor my traffic.  I use Feedburner to send out my subscription feed.  I use Creative Commons to find pictures and articles to incorporate into my writing.  I have accounts on StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, and Technorati.  Most of the things I’ve just mentioned, I hadn’t even heard of until this past week.

In my second posting, I mentioned a few of my obsessions. Well I can tell you that blogging has eclipsed all others this past week and I don’t see it letting up anytime soon.  I want to make this blog the best I can make it and I want you to get the maximum enjoyment out of it.  I appreciate all 143 (as of the time of this posting) readers/visitors I have received and I hope that all of you will come back and check in with me and my life every once in awhile. 
So Happy Week-iversary! I think a celebration is well deserved.  I promise I won’t celebrate the Two Week-iversary next Thursday because I do have standards.
And here’s a taste of some of that awkwardness I mentioned:


Listen Sammi. Congratulations on being able to do something for a whole week. What a milestone, really. But from now on, I think we should keep the celebrations to things that are really impressive like finally being able to touch your toes or making a cake that looks just like Princess Jasmine. Or one-month anniversaries. Whichever comes first I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment